Located in the Bayou St. John neighborhood of New Orleans is an old gas station from 1918. The property served as a furniture-building shop and jewelry-making studio before being put on the market in 2003 for $120,000. An intrepid artist named Robert Guthrie decided to convert the gas station into a 2,000 square foot home that is now available for rent through airbnb.com.
The amazing conversion features a ton of fascinating accents and details such as:
- Original wooden trusses
- Car emblems are used as handles for cabinets and drawers’
- Sconces made from old car headlights
- Toilet paper holder is an oil can holder
- Subway tiles in bathroom spanning two floors
- Staircase landing made from original hydraulic lift
Other features include a modern kitchen, rooftop deck and Jacuzzi tub. Pricing starts from $420/night or; $1891/week or; $4202/month. Be sure to check out the original listing on airbnb.com.