Derived from the Dodge 3/4 ton WC series trucks used in World War II. The first Civilian 4X4 Dodge Power Wagons debuted in 1946. These trucks became instant hits with contractors, municipalities, ranchers and anyone needing a rugged easy to repair four-wheel drive for serious work. The platform was so solid, had such an outstanding reputation for reliability, that it stayed in production virtually unchanged until 1968.
Originally found in working condition in southern Quebec, Canada, this Fargo/Power Wagon stays true to the original Fargo’s of the era. This rugged truck retains its original rebuilt 235.5 cubic inch 94hp flat head six-cylinder engine and original 4-speed transmission. The body was expertly framed off restored to original perfection. Painted in a Deep Burgundy and accented with Black fenders this truck is very striking in appearance, and the subject of attention everywhere it goes.
The Truck starts and drives reliably as a work truck should. Power Wagons were Spartan in their interior appointments but this truck has deluxe carpet, vinyl seats, door cards and matching headliner. The truck is optioned with the highly desirable Heavy Duty Winch, marker lights, factory auxiliary lights and a beautiful wood bed.